Friday, August 19, 2011

The Canadians have their Crazies too...

So there's a heap of buzz in the skeptic and atheist community right now surrounding the arrest of prolific anti-atheist spammer Dennis Markuze, better known as Mabus. Read about it here.

Even though I've been semi-active in the theist/atheist circles online for many years I've been luckily not run into this guy too much or ever been on the receiving end of his diatribes. Evidently the guy had no life and just poured out his drivel relentlessly. Just sad, really. Dude is 36 and lives with his mom spamming atheists all day.

I'm a big fan of Canada. Much love for the Great White North. Admittedly I haven't been there much (one time to Niagara Falls over 20 years ago - great time) but I've always respected the Canadian temperament and views on social policy. Not to mention their contribution to the arts (Rush!). Vancouver and Montreal are tops on my list of cities to visit soon. However even Canada has its share of teh Krazy. I don't know if this is a trend but it seems Canadian christians are a breed of their own. If you've ever heard of VenomfangX on Youtube this is another guy who spends an inordinate amount of time dashing himself on the rocks of reason. Sometimes when I listen to christian radio shows I hear Canadian callers who always seem to sound a bit... off. Maybe it's the accent. At any rate I hope that some Canadian readers here comment and enlighten me.

Lastly it's clear that this Dennis Markuze guy is more than a bit off. The level of obsession this guy has exhibited over the decades is a clear indication of mental problems. Why is it religious obsession and mental illness seem to go so hand-in-hand? Andrea Yates anyone? There are countless examples. I suppose it's really not that difficult of a question... delusion complements delusion.

2 comments:

  1. Uh, we don't have accents. LOL.

    I love this phrase: "dashing himself on the rocks of reason".

    Yes, there are lots of whacked-out Crazy Canadian Christians up here, including my parents and sister-in-law. She's told me on numerous occasions that she _needs_ Christ. He's her crutch when times get rough.

    ReplyDelete